Friday 24 October 2014

Foodie Friday! #1

As we're reaching the end of the month, money is a little tight at the moment! So this weeks recipe uses stuff I've always got in the house!

Spaghetti Alle Olio Peperoncino 
This is basically pasta with olive oil, garlic & chilli! Its very yummy & loads of things can be added to give it something extra! Chicken, green beans, parmesan, the list goes on! Below is a recipe for the basic version!


For 2 people, I use 200g of cooked spaghetti,


4 cloves of garlic, 2 chillies (I like to use 1 red & 1 green to mix things up a bit!) & a handful of baby plumb tomatoes.


I de-seed the chillies & chop them & the garlic finely and just slice the tomatoes.


Add some good quality olive oil to a pan & heat. When the oil is hot add the garlic & chilli and fry for about 2 minutes.


Add the tomatoes, I like to crush them a little with a spoon, again let them fry for 2 minutes. I then add about half a cup of the water the pasta was cooked in. (it helps the pasta absorb the flavours)


Add the spaghetti, mix well together & allow to heat through! I like to try a bit at this point to find out if its spicy enough, add seasoning if wanted etc.


I like to top with Parmesan cheese & serve with garlic bread! Yum! in fact its so good we had this for tea 3 times this week! What are your favorite things to eat/cook?

xxxx



No comments :

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test