Tuesday 25 November 2014

My Little Box November 2014

PrettyLemmonade

Hi everyone!

After hearing only good things about this box over the past couple of months, I thought I'd give it a go! My Little Box is a lifestyle & beauty box based in France & costs £11 (& £3.95 postage-It comes from France so I think the postage it very reasonable!). This month the theme was cosy (like birchbox!)

PrettyLemmonade

In every box you get a little print with a quote on it relating to the box theme. I think these are so cute! & after a couple of months you'd have enough to start a display wall with them, adding more as you get them!

PrettyLemmonade

As you can see from the picture, you also get a little magazine in the box. I've not read mine yet (gonna read it in the bath tonight!) but its full of hints & tips for things in the box as well as articles & other pieces of interest!

prettylemmonade

prettylemmonade

The first thing I noticed in my box was the little box with coffee on the side. I'm not a coffee (or any hot drink) fan! So I was a little worried as to what may be in the box! But this adorable little cup will be great to put things in & have on display! On one side it says "How is your day gonna be?" So I may put it in the bedroom on the bookcase or bedside table.

prettylemmonade

Next up is a little microwaveable cushion, Its filled with what feels like beanbag beans & can be microwaved to created a heating pad. It seems nice enough but I imagine it something that will go into a drawer & I won't find it again until the summer, when its not needed & is just taking up space!

prettylemmonade

Inside the little drawstring bag were 3 beauty items to create the perfect smokey eye!

The mascara is from there in house beauty like "My Little Beauty" & is said to separate, volumise & last all day. I haven't tried it yet but the brush looks decent! I'll let you know when I've tried it!

The eyeliner is from a brand I'd never heard of called Arcancil. & if their other products are as good as this liner I'll be looking into buying some other pieces! This eyeliner arrived the same day I dropped (without realizing) & stood on my urban decay 24/7 liner & broke it! :( But this liner is a perfect dupe & half the price! Its creamy & smooth & is waterproof! For me, this box is worth it just to have discovered this eyeliner!

& lastly a Yves Rocher eyeshadow in coffee brown. When I first dipped my finger in the shadow to swatch, it felt like I wasn't getting any product, I looked at my finger & found it covered! Its not a creamy or buttery eyeshadow, but its not chalky either! Its something inbetween!

prettylemmonade

(Something to note, I did these swatches about a week ago but I've only just got round to writing this out, but even after 5 baths & at least 30 hand washes. I've still got a slight stain on my arm from both the shadow & liner!)

Do you subscribe to My Little Box? What is your favourite subscription service?


xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test