Friday 21 November 2014

My Evening Skincare Routine

Happy Saturday everyone! Today I'm gonna show you my current skincare routine & tell you what works for me, what I'm loving etc! So lets get on with it!

To start I'll tell you a little about my skin type! I suffer from dry skin & hormonal acne caused by my PCOS. I react better to organic & natural things so try to only use these where possible. I have found since I started using these products together, my skin is the best I can ever remember it being! I have hardly any acne (I do still suffer from a lot of redness in my skin but I think that is a hereditary thing because my mum is the same) & my skin is no longer dry but soft & plump!


So the first step is to remove my makeup. I start by taking the Loreal skin perfection micellar water on a cotton pad & remove the bulk of my eye makeup. I don't wear much in way of eyeshadow but 99% of the time I have liquid eyeliner & a lot of mascara! I don't have a favourite eyemake remover, I usually just get whatever is on offer & hope it works! This does the job well enough I'm just not loyal to it! I got mine from asda ages ago because they were BOGOF. Its now £2.50 which is cheaper than boots & superdrug!

Then I tackle my foundation! I love the Botanics softening cleanser! Its 82% organic which I think my skin prefers & contains lots of things that are meant to help improve your skin. I'm sold! I just squirt a dollop on my hand & massage into my face (ignoring my eyes because I've already done those) & remove with a large cotton pad. There is usually an offer on botanics, but at the moment this is the only thing excluded from up to a 1/3 off sale thing boots has on botanics! Still in my opinion £4.99 for an organic cleanser, that I love, is a really good price!  


The next step of cleansing my skin, I vary the order of the products & sometimes I will only use one or two or all 3! So from left to right, we have:

Liz Earle cleanse & polish. I'm sure at one point or another every blogger has talked about this product! & I love it! It has a lovely creamy consistency that I massage into my skin & remove with a muslin cloth. As you can see, I have 2 versions there. The original, that I'm running out of, & the special edition summer scent of orange flower & chamomile.  I wasn't a fan of the scent so I'm now just trying to use it up so I can buy some more. There is a new special edition christmas scent of sweet orange & mint that I'm really looking forward to! I find you get the best deals direct from the liz earle webpage.

Botanics organic hot cloth cleansing balm. This is a solid balm that turns into an oil with the heat of your skin. Its great when my skin is feeling particularly dry! Again I just massage into my skin & remove with a muslin cloth. Its currently out of stock on the boots website, but its worth checking it out at your store. Mine had loads!

Lastly in cleansers is the Soap & Glory peaches & clean. This is described as a 3 in 1 wash off deep purifying cleanser. I'm not sure about the 3 in 1 thing, but this is great as an acid exfoliator cleanser. The peach enzymes really leave your skin feeling soft & plump. It can make your skin tingle & leave it a little red but most things leave my skin red! Soap & glory is currently on 3 for 2 at boots. & as boots is the only place you can buy soap & glory in the UK you may as well take advantage of the offer!


Final Steps! Every evening I use the Pixi glow tonic to exfoliate my skin & remove any dead skin cells. I like it because its gentle enough to use everyday but still feels like its making a difference! I like that you can buy it from Liberty now but the Pixi website has cheaper shipping.

I like to use Liz Earle instant skin tonic again when my skin is feeling dry as its a non-drying toner that refreshes, soothes and brightens your skin. Its also gentle and alcohol-free & adds a fine layer of moisture Great as a skin prep before moisturiser

Again, another product I alternate, is my moisturiser! The 2 I'm currently using are Liz Earle skin repair moisturiser. Its a perfectly balanced moisturiser that softens, smoothes and conditions skin for a naturally healthy-looking glow. & the No.7 beautiful skin night cream for dry/very dry skin. This is a rich and intensive moisture cream that instantly nourishes and promotes optimum hydration while you sleep.

What are your holy grail skincare items?


XXX

No comments :

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test